WHAT’S THE BEST BURGER IN THE COUNTRY?
In-N-Out Double Double and Five Guys Hamburger Top Poll
Millennials Prefer Wendy’s Baconator
West Coasters More Partial to In-N-Out & Fatburger
Five Guys and Wendy’s Earn 2 Spots Each in Top 10
When you’re under a time crunch or just hungry, there’s nothing better than a fast food burger. With burger sales in 2014 increasing to nine billion served (NPD Group, 2015), people are consuming one of the most iconic foods in record numbers. In honor of National Burger Month (May), Ranker.com, the #1 online destination for crowdsourced rankings of everything, today released the results of its public poll asking voters to rank The Best Fast Food Burgers to determine which ones are a cut above the rest.
The poll, which closed voting on May 11, included 46 burgers for consumers to rank.
The Top 10 as determined by over to 42,000 votes are as follows:
1. In-N-Out Double Double
2. Five Guys Hamburger
3. Five Guys Bacon Cheeseburger
4. Whataburger Original Whataburger
5. Burger King Whopper
6. Wendy’s Baconator
7. Fuddruckers The Original Fudds
8. Wendy’s ¼ LB Single
9. Steak ‘n Shake Double ‘n Cheese Steakburger
10. Fatburger Burger
While In-N-Out, Five Guys and Wendy’s dominated the Top 10 overall, Ranker’s poll also reveals:
· Men’s top choice is Five Guys Hamburger and also voted the Burger King Whopper in their Top 3.
· Women chose the In-N-Out Double Double as their top choice and also ranked the Wendy’s Baconator in their Top 3.
· Millennials #1 choice was the Wendy’s Baconator. They were the only group to also vote the McDonald’s Quarter Pounder with Cheese and the McDonald’s Big Mac in their Top 5.
· While the In-N-Out Double Double was #1 for West Coasters, Fatburger’s Burger and Carl’s Jr. Western Bacon Cheeseburger followed close behind.
· Midwesterners #1 choice was Culvers Butter Burger.
· Southerners top pick was the Whataburger Original.
· Northeasterners voted Five Guys Hamburger #1 and also voted White Castle Sliders in their top 3.
Ranker.com is a crowdsourced destination where consumers view, rank, and vote on broad opinion-based Rankings ranging from “The Best Board Games” to “The Best Movies of All Time” to “The Best Inexpensive Cars”. While lists and opinions are all over the web, Ranker’s technology is based on user engagement, turning these lists into the “best possible rankings” based on the wisdom of crowds.
Ranker, a Quantcast Top 200 site, attracts over 19 million monthly unique visitors, and over half a million people a month vote on various lists on the site. As a result Ranker has one of the world’s largest databases of opinions with more than 100 million votes gathered on 50,000 items. For more information visit www.Ranker.com and follow Ranker on Twitter and Facebook.